Sunday, April 13, 2008

Thing # 9 - Locating Blogs and News Feeds

This is all very overwhelming for me. I really haven't had a chance to look at the News Feeds I added during Thing #8, so it's hard for me to envision wanting to add more!! I went through all the recommended search tools and it's obvious there are enough choices out there to keep you glued to your computer 24 hours a day. I don't see how anyone with a full-time job and a personal life would have time to read through all the information that would be sent to you if your subscribe to more than one or two of these News Feeds. I see from reviewing other Library2Play blogs that the Google Blog Search Tool seems to be most popular, so I guess I would start with that one. I did search for SBISD as suggested on Google and saw that cool Animoto that Mike Falick made for our District. I've added his blog to my reader list! The Topix.net option seemed fairly user friendly for selecting current events news feeds. Now I've got to get back to work on writing Progress Reports for the 4th Nine weeks!

No comments: