Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Thing #16 - Wikis

Wikis are a great way to collaborate on projects or share information with others, whether they are in the same classroom or across the country from you. I enjoyed working on the Habitat Wiki lesson that my group did for our first presentation. It showed the potential for helping even 2nd graders organize their research information and share ideas about a topic. I looked through several of the Wiki examples on Library2Play. I especially liked the Library Bloggers Wiki. It had some interesting models for using Blogging with learners (e.g. Book Talks, Professional Experts, Librarian's reflections, etc.). I can see how Wikis could be a useful tool for a librarian to communicate/interact with her users on upcoming events, interest surveys, book talks, etc. I'll definately try this one!

No comments: