Sunday, April 20, 2008

Thing #13 - Tagging and Discover Del.icio.us

I love the Common Craft show on "Social Bookmarking in Plain English". It really helped me understand the rationale for using a tool like Del.icio.us. It makes sense to put all your bookmarks in a univerally accessible place, regardless of what computer you're working on or your location. I know a lot of teachers who lost all their "favorites" when we got our new laptops. Del.icio.us' sharing feature could also make the identification/gathering of useful websites easier, although with the lack of standardization of tagging criteria, one person's apple is often another's orange! The hardest part of this exercise for me was getting the "Del.icio.us" and "Tag" buttons installed on my tool bar. For some reason, it took me about three tries to get them to appear properly! Nothing worth having is ever easy!

No comments: