Sunday, April 13, 2008

Thing #8 - RSS Feeds

I enjoyed the introductory video on Library2Play. It gave me the needed background and rationale for continuing on to subscribe to the recommended sites. The signing up and subscribing process was relatively easy, even for a computer novice like me. I had no idea what RSS was before this exercise, but now I can see that it could be a useful tool for a librarian to stay current on the latest trends and books out there in cyberspace. At this point, I don't know if I will use it for personal reasons much as I'm not one to sit in front of my computer for hours on end (hence my problem with being so far behind on completing these 23 things!). Once I've played around with it for a while, I may prove myself wrong, for I can see if the information out there is interesting and uselful, RSS could become habit forming.

1 comment:

VWB said...

I think you find you actually SAVE time on the computer by using your RSS reader...it keeps you updated on what is new and you don't have to visit each site wondering if there is new stuff...